History of Our church

The story of St. Mark’s, the second oldest Anglican church in the Kingston area, begins in the small historically-designated hamlet of Barriefield. Here, in the early 1800s, lived the families of people employed at the Royal Naval Dockyard at Point Frederick (the present site of the Royal Military College). On April 3, 1843 a meeting of “those desiring the erection … Continue reading History of Our church